Calories Burned Mowing the Lawn Calculator and Formula
Mowing the lawn is one of the most common lawn care activities that you need to do on a regular basis to make your lawn look at its best.
This essential lawn care activity is also quite helpful for you in terms of the physical health benefits that it has to offer.
Mowing the lawn can help you burn a lot of calories and lose weight. You can use our calories burned mowing the lawn calculator to find the total number of calories burned from lawn mowing.
About Calories Burned Mowing the Lawn Calculator
Mowing a lawn is a taxing lawn care activity that requires a lot of effort and energy. Depending on how big your lawn is, you can burn a lot of calories while mowing your lawn.
There are various lawn mowing machines out there that you can use for mowing the lawn. Some require you to walk around with the machine and some are like mini-cars that you drive around to mow your lawn.
When using these machines, you need to move around a lot while maneuvering them. So, using a lawn mower can help you burn a lot of calories and lose weight.
The calories burned from mowing the lawn calculator will help you find the exact number of calories you can burn while mowing your lawn.
This calculator features an engaging user interface which makes it easier for you to find the calories burned to mow the lawn.
How to use this calculator?
Here is how you can use the calories burned from mowing the lawn calculator:
- Input your weight in the calculator. You can choose either the lbs or kgs for the weight input options.
- Input the time you have spent mowing the lawn.
- Click on the Calculate button to find the calories burned from mowing the lawn.
Formula for finding calories burned from mowing the lawn
The calories burned from mowing the lawn calculator is based on the formula for finding the calories burned per minute.
Here is the formula for finding the calories burned per minute:
Calories Burned Per Minute = (3.5 x MET x Weight(kg)) / 200
When you get the calories burned per minute, you can multiply the value by the total number of minutes you have spent working on the lawn. This will give you the total calories burned mowing the lawn.
The MET is the measurement of the energy cost of physical activity for a given period of time
- Here are the MET values for mowing the lawn and some other lawn care activities:
- Using a power mower with light or moderate effort – 4.5
- Using a power mower while walking, with moderate or vigorous effort – 5
- Using a hand mower while walking – 6
- Watering the lawn or the garden while standing or walking – 1.5
- Using a riding mower – 2.5
Does mowing the lawn help burn calories?
Mowing the lawn requires you to put in a lot of effort and energy. You can burn a lot of calories while mowing the lawn.
Depending on the approach that you are using for mowing the lawn, the number of calories burned can vary.
How many calories does an average person burn mowing the lawn for an hour?
An average person can burn between 175 to 225 calories per hour from mowing the lawn with a riding lawn mower. Using a push lawn mower can help burn between 350 to 450 calories per hour.
More Calorie Calculators:
- Hiking Calorie Calculator
- Calories Burned Sleeping Calculator
- Elliptical Calories Burned Calculator
- Calories Burned Running Calculator
- How Many Calories Should I Eat Each Day?
- Calories Burned Biking Calculator
- Calorie Deficit Calculator
- Jumping Rope Calories Burned Calculator
- Calories Absorbed By Fiber Calculator
- Recommended Calorie Breakdown Calculator
- Calories Burned Today Calculator
- Calories per Day Calculator
- Calorie Composition Calculator
More health benefits of mowing the lawn
Helps you feel relaxed
Mowing helps you feel calm and relaxed. When you work on your garden, it fills you up with a sense of confidence and you feel in control of your life.
As you feel relaxed, it better prepares you to face the challenges of your life.
Helps you get cardio exercise
Mowing the lawn is an excellent cardio exercise. Especially if you are using a lawn mower that requires you to walk around with it. With better cardiovascular health, your body operates to its fullest potential.
Helps you get vitamin D
Lawn care tasks such as mowing the lawn force you to work under the sun. This helps your body get exposed to the sunlight and get enough vitamin D that is required by your body.
Helps you focus better
When you mow your lawn, all your focus needs to be on the present moment. This teaches you to focus on the task at hand. The skill of focused effort is essential when it comes to making an impact with your presence and work in practical life.