Calories Burned Farming Calculator and Formula
Working on a farm requires a lot of physical effort and energy. As a result, you can burn a lot of calories while working on a farm.
You can use the Calories Burned From Farming calculator to find the total number of calories that you burn with different farming activities.
About Calories Burned Farming Calculator
Managing a farm is a huge responsibility that requires a lot of effort.
Most farming activities such as preparing the land, feeding animals, and bailing hay demand a lot of physical energy.
This is the reason why most farmers stay fit and active for longer than the people who are not familiar with the farming world.
The activities that you do when working on your farm can help you burn calories and lose weight.
The calories burned calculator can help you find the total number of calories you have burned while working on the farm.
You can enter your weight, the time you have spent farming, and the farming activity that you have been doing, in the calculator.
The calculator analyzes your input and processes it to find the total number of calories burned from farming.
How to use this calculator?
Here is how you can use the calories burned from the farming calculator:
- Input your weight in the calculator. You can either choose the kgs or the lbs option to enter the weight.
- Choose the type of farming activity.
- Input the time you have spent working on your farm.
- Click on the Calculate button to get the result for the number of calories burned from farming.
Formula for finding calories burned from farming
If you want to learn how to find the calories burned from farming manually, then this section is for you.
Below is the formula that you can use to find the calories burned per minute:
Calories Burned (per minute) = (MET x Weight(kg) x 3.5) / 200
The MET in the equation is the measurement of the energy cost that is spent on physical activity, for any time period.
You can enter the MET value for your specific farming activity in the equation to get the result for the calories burned per minute.
After that, you can multiply the answer by the total number of minutes you have spent farming.
The result that you get by doing that would be the total calories burned from farming.
Here are the MET values for different farming activities:
- Milking by machine with light effort – 1.3
- Cleaning animal sheds and preparing animal feed with light effort – 2
- Driving a tractor or a harvester) – 2.8
- Feeding small animals – 3.5
- Planting rice and grain milling – 3.8
- Feeding cattle and horses – 4.3
- Taking care of animals e.g., grooming and brushing – 4.5
- Baling the hay and cleaning the barn with vigorous effort – 7.8
Does farming help burn calories?
Farming activities need a lot of physical effort and energy. There is a lot of time and physical effort that goes into managing a farm.
So, working on a farm can help you burn a lot of calories.
The total number of calories that you burn would depend on the weight of the person and the intensity of the farming task.
How many calories does an average person burn from farming?
An average person can burn between 250 to 350 calories per hour with light-effort farming tasks such as feeding the animals.
With intense farming tasks such as spreading the manure, a person can burn between 350 to 450 calories in an hour.
More Calorie Calculators:
- Hiking Calorie Calculator
- Calories Burned Sleeping Calculator
- Elliptical Calories Burned Calculator
- Calories Burned Running Calculator
- How Many Calories Should I Eat Each Day?
- Calories Burned Biking Calculator
- Calorie Deficit Calculator
- Jumping Rope Calories Burned Calculator
- Calories Absorbed By Fiber Calculator
- Recommended Calorie Breakdown Calculator
- Calories Burned Today Calculator
- Calories per Day Calculator
- Calorie Composition Calculator
Additional health benefits of farming
Keeps you physically active
Farming activities keep you fit and physically active. When you spend energy doing different farming tasks, it helps your body get a complete workout.
If you don’t like going to the gym, you can work in your garden to keep yourself physically active and your body in shape.
Makes your muscles stronger
Farming has a considerable effect on the muscles. Since some farming tasks require a lot of force, doing these tasks helps make your muscles stronger with time.
Some farming tasks can be quite physically demanding. When you do these tasks regularly, they help your muscles get stronger with time.
Helps alleviate stress
Farming activities can help you unwind from the stresses of everyday life. With farming, you get to see the world in a new light that makes you forget about your stresses.
When you walk around in your garden, all the greenery and the freshness around you makes you forget about the stresses of your life
Helps you be more appreciative of nature
With farming, you get to experience what nature is all about. It makes you appreciate the things around you more.
You feel deeply rooted with nature which promotes physical and mental wellbeing.