Calories Burned Horseback Riding Calculator
Looking for an easy way to find the calories burned from horseback riding?
You can use our calories burned calculator to find the total number of calories you have burned from horseback riding.
About Calories Burned Horseback Riding Calculator
Horseback riding is widely popular as a professional sport as well as a leisure activity that you can do for fun.
Although it is exhilarating, horseback riding is quite difficult to do.
It requires you to sit in a certain way and use your strength to control the horse to guide it in the direction where you want it to go.
So, horseback riding can be quite demanding on the body.
But this is good because the physical effort that you put in while horseback riding can help you burn calories.
The calories burned calculator is an easy-to-use online utility that helps you find the calories burned coming back from horseback riding.
You can enter the details such as your weight and the time you have spent horseback riding in the calculator.
Based on the input that you add to the calculator, it gives you the results for the calories you have burned from this activity.
How to use this calculator?
Here is how you can find the calories burned from horseback riding using our calculator:
- Input your weight in the calories burned calculator.
- Choose the type of horseback riding activity.
- Input the time you have spent horseback riding in the calculator.
- Click on the Calculate button to find the total number of calories burned from this intense physical activity.
Formula for finding calories burned from horseback riding
If you enjoy horseback riding and you want to know how you can use this activity to meet your calorie goals, then this section is for you.
You can use the formula given below to find the calories burned from horseback riding:
Calories Burned Per Minute = (Weight(kg) x 3.5 x MET) / 200
The MET values are predefined for physical activities such as horseback riding.
An MET value is the measurement of the energy cost of physical activity for a given interval.
Here are the MET values for different activities associated with horseback riding:
- Horse cart driving while standing or sitting – 1.8
- Playing rodeo sports in general and with light effort – 4
- Performing horse chores such as feeding, watering, and cleaning stalls – 4.3
- Horseback riding in general – 5.5
- Playing rodeo sports in general and with moderate effort – 5.5
- Horseback riding trotting – 5.8
- Trotting horse racing – 5.8
- Playing rodeo sports in general and with vigorous effort – 7
- Canter or gallop horseback riding – 7.3
- Horse grooming – 7.3
- Playing polo on the horseback – 8
- Jumping sport while horseback riding – 9
Does horseback riding help burn calories?
Horseback riding offers you a full-body workout. Riding a horse is one of the best ways to keep yourself active and healthy.
According to research, horseback riding can help you burn as many as about 200 calories in 45 minutes.
The number of calories burned can increase based on the intensity of the horseback riding activity.
How many calories does an average person burn from horseback riding?
An average person can burn between 200 to 400 calories per hour from horseback riding. This range is consistent for riding a horse at a slow speed.
The number of calories burned varies based on the factors such as the weight of the person and the intensity of the horseback riding session.
More Calorie Calculators:
- Hiking Calorie Calculator
- Calories Burned Sleeping Calculator
- Elliptical Calories Burned Calculator
- Calories Burned Running Calculator
- How Many Calories Should I Eat Each Day?
- Calories Burned Biking Calculator
- Calorie Deficit Calculator
- Jumping Rope Calories Burned Calculator
- Calories Absorbed By Fiber Calculator
- Recommended Calorie Breakdown Calculator
- Calories Burned Today Calculator
- Calories per Day Calculator
- Calorie Composition Calculator
More health benefits of horseback riding
Increases muscle strength
Horseback riding is one of the best ways to build muscle strength. Riding on a horse requires you to use force to control the movement of the horse.
When you do that regularly, it forces your muscles to adapt to the changing needs for strength. As a result, your muscles become stronger and more flexible.
Improves core strength
Horseback riding requires you to maintain the right posture and engage all the body muscles required for riding effectively.
This is the reason why this activity is so effective at improving core strength. When you core gets stronger, it makes it easier for you to ride the horse as well.
Since you are required to sit in a particular way and maintain your posture while horseback riding, it makes your body flexible which affects your posture.
Great source of cardio exercise
Horseback riding is considered to be a moderate-impact physical activity. It is neither too simple nor too intense.
So, this activity is just right for getting a good cardio workout.
Horseback riding is a thrilling experience that makes you come out of the stresses and the worries of the routine.
You get to unwind from the pressure and the stress of life which better prepares you for the challenges of the future.