BodyVive is a 55-minute training program that works all your major muscles in the body. This training offers you sufficient upper and lower body workout that helps you stay physically healthy and active.
Keep on reading to find how many calories you can burn from doing the BodyVive workout.
Calories Burned from Doing the BodyVive Workout
You can burn close to 456 calories per hour from doing the BodyVive workout.
The number of calories that you burn from the BodyVive workout depends on your weight and the intensity of the workout session.
Calories Burned Doing BodyVive Workout Calculator
If you have joined a BodyVive workout program and you want to figure out the number of calories that this type of exercise helps you burn, then you are at the right place.
You can use our calorie burned from doing the BodyVive workout calculator to find the exact number of calories that you burn from this exercise
You can add in your weight, the type of workout, and the time that you have spent doing the workout in the calculator.
Based on the information that you add to it, the calculator finds the estimated number of calories burned for you.
How to Use this Calculator?
Here is how you can use the calorie burned from doing the BodyVive workout calculator:
- Select your preferred input option for weight.
- Enter your weight in the calculator.
- Select the type of BodyVive workout.
- Enter the amount of time that you have spent doing the BodyVive workout.
- Click on the Calculate button to find the number of calories burned.
How the Calculator Works
If you are wondering about the process that our calculator uses to find the calories burned, then this section is for you.
Our calculator uses the Metabolic Equivalent Task (MET) values for finding the number of calories burned for the BodyVive workout.
The value of MET is calculated conventionally by multiplying 3.5mL oxygen per kg body weight of a person by the total number of minutes that they spend doing the activity.
The MET value for an activity is directly related to its intensity. The higher the intensity of an activity, the more would be its MET value.
The formula for finding calories burned per minute is given below:
Calories Burned Per Minute = (MET x 3.5 x Bodyweight(kg)) / 200
MET is the amount of energy that your body needs to perform a certain task. The MET value for doing the BodyVive workout is 6.
High-intensity physical activities have higher MET values as compared with the ones that are easy on your body.
The MET directly relates to the ideas of Active Metabolic Rate (AMR) and the Rest Metabolic Rate (RMR).
The AMR is the term that determines the number of calories that your body burns while being in an active state.
The RMR is the term that determines the number of calories that your body burns while being in the resting state.
Physical activities with a MET value of 1 burn the same number of calories as your RMR.
If an activity has a MET value of 3, it is going to burn three times the number of calories as your RMR.
- Find the number of calories burned for a person who weighs 160 lbs (72.5 kgs) and spends 60 minutes doing the BodyVive workout. The MET value for doing the BodyVive workout is 6.
- Calories Burned Per Minute = (MET x 3.5 x Bodyweight(kg)) / 200
- Calories Burned Per Minute = (6 x 3.5 x 72.5) / 200
- Calories Burned Per Minute = 7.6 calories
- Calories Burned in 60 Minutes = 7.6 calories x 60
- Calories Burned in 60 Minutes = 456 calories
What is the BodyVive Workout?
BodyVive is among the most effective Les Mills workouts that improve your whole muscular as well as the cardiovascular system. The workout has many parts each serving a certain purpose for your body. The first part is where you warm up your body and gradually increase your heart rate.
The next part focuses on your upper and lower body and abdominal region. These exercises strengthen your core and make you more physically stable. After that, you do some basic stretching to remove any knots or stiffness from your muscles.
Sometimes you are asked to use an elastic tube for better stretching which pushes your body to its limits and develops more strength as well as endurance. BodyVive consists of rather simple movements that are easy to learn and execute and there are no health risks associated with it whatsoever.
Health Benefits of BodyVive Workout
– Elevates the Heart Rate
One of the major benefits of this particular workout is that it elevates your heart rate and that leads to more efficient pumping of blood. If your heart rate is higher, it means more blood will be pumped in a given amount of time by your heart.
This simply means fewer beats per minute will be needed to maintain a steady blood flow to the organs in your entire body. This phenomenon is quite helpful if you wish to do some high-intensity workout for an extended period of time and your end goal is to develop more endurance.
– Upper & Lower Body Workout
If you are looking for a single workout that takes care of all of your major muscles and not just a few specific ones, BodyVive is your best bet. It properly stretches your arms, thighs, abdomen region, and glutes.
This leads to controlled movements of your entire body and makes you more physically as well as mentally stable and balanced.
– Enhances Muscle Strength
BodyVive makes your muscles stronger with each session. When you stretch your muscles frequently through BodyVive, your tissues get micro-tears which are fixed by your body automatically.
The repetition of this process makes your muscles strong, and they become able to function well even while doing intense physical activities. The stronger your muscles are the less will be the risk of you suffering from premature deterioration of your body.
– Improves Posture
Apart from working on your strength and endurance, BodyVive also gives you the best posture. Your spine alignment improves and all the unnecessary stress from your shoulders, and neck muscles are gone as a result of doing this workout regularly.
Bad posture comes with a lot of risks for your health as well as physical appearance and by doing BodyVive regularly you can minimize and eventually eliminate those risks.
– Burns Calories Fast
BodyVive is a physically demanding workout that burns a lot of calories and fats from your body. Using props to stretch your body, maintaining a certain pose for a long time, and doing several repetitions require you to consume so much energy that comes from burning excess calories and fats.
People who wish to get a better-looking body and an improved cardiorespiratory system, as well as posture, can try this workout and see significant improvement in the least amount of time.
MET Values Table
|Type of Activity||MET|
Factors Affecting Calories Burned from BodyVive Workout
As the calorie burned formula suggests, the number of calories burned depends on the factors such as your weight and the intensity of the physical activity.
Aside from that, the amount of time that you spend doing the activity also affects the number of calories that you burn because of it.
More Calorie Calculators:
- Hiking Calorie Calculator
- Calories Burned Sleeping Calculator
- Elliptical Calories Burned Calculator
- Calories Burned Running Calculator
- How Many Calories Should I Eat Each Day?
- Calories Burned Biking Calculator
- Calorie Deficit Calculator
- Jumping Rope Calories Burned Calculator
- Calories Absorbed By Fiber Calculator
- Recommended Calorie Breakdown Calculator
- Calories Burned Today Calculator
- Calories per Day Calculator
- Calorie Composition Calculator
1. What is Les Mills BodyVive?
Les Mills BodyVive is a useful low-impact workout routine that includes core, cardio, balance, and strength workouts. The workout is often done in a group session and is effective for people of all ages.
You get to use a prop called an elastic tube to help with the stretching in this exercise. The workout makes your body leaner, your mind sharper, and your movements more graceful.
2. How many calories can you burn during one Les Mills tone class?
If you take a 45 minutes Les Mills Tone class, you can burn about 450 calories.
BodyVive workout is quite great in terms of the health benefits that it has to offer. This moderate-intensity workout routine helps you stay healthy and active throughout the day.
You can do the BodyVive training alone or as a part of a group to meet your health goals.
The calorie burned from doing the BodyVive workout calculator is a useful tool that helps you find the estimated number of calories burned from this workout.
Visit our website to check out all of our other calorie burned calculators for physical activities.
- Sidney, K., Jetté, M., & Blümchen, G. (1990). Metabolic equivalents (METS) in exercise testing, exercise prescription, and evaluation of functional capacity. Clinical cardiology, 13(8), 555–565. https://doi.org/10.1002/clc.4960130809
- Rol, James. “What Are METs, and How Are They Calculated?” Healthline, Healthline, 21 Oct. 2019, https://www.healthline.com/health/what-are-mets
- Bka Digital Outfitters, Auckl, Zeal, N., & (www.bka.co.nz). (n.d.). LES MILLS TONE – Strength, Cardio and Core – Les Mills. Les Mills; Les Mills. Retrieved April 4, 2022, from https://www.lesmills.com/us/workouts/fitness-classes/les-mills-tone/