Calories Burned Hunting Calculator and Formula
If you are planning on going hunting and you want to know the total number of calories you can burn from this activity, then you are at the right place.
The calories burned from the hunting calculator will help you find the number of calories you have burned hunting for a certain amount of time.
About Calories Burned Hunting Calculator
Hunting a game is one of the most thrilling activities that you can do for fun. It is a sport that requires an immense amount of effort and energy from you.
When you come back from hunting a big game, you feel tired and worn out.
This is because of the calories that you have burned while hunting in the wild.
You can find the exact number of calories you have burned from hunting, using our free calories burned from the hunting calculator.
This calculator is quite simple to use in that it helps you easily calculate the calories burned, without any kind of hassle.
The calculator features an engaging UI design. It is a 100% free online calculator that you can use 24/7, without any kind of maximum usage limitations.
How to use calories burned from the hunting calculator?
Here is how you can use the calories burned from the hunting calculator:
- Enter your weight in the calories burned calculator. You can choose either the kgs or the lbs for the weight input option.
- Choose the type of hunting activity.
- Enter the time you have spent hunting in the wild.
- Click on the Calculate button to find the results for the calories burned from hunting.
Formula for finding calories burned from hunting
The manual calculation for finding the calories burned is quite simple as well.
You just need to know the formula for finding the calories burned and you can use it to find the total number of calories burned from hunting.
The formula for finding calories per minute is given below:
Number of Calories Burned Per Minute = (Weight(kg) x MET x 3.5) / 200
You can multiply the answer to this equation by the total number of minutes you have spent hunting a game. This will give you the total calories burned as per your entered time.
The MET is known as the measurement of the energy cost of physical activity such as hunting, for a period of time.
Here are the MET values associated with different hunting activities:
- Hunting a large game from a car, plane, or a boat – 3
- Rifle exercises such as shooting while lying down – 2.3
- Hunting using a bow and arrow, or a crossbow – 2.5
- Hunting a large game from a hunting stand – 2.5
- Hunting a duck or a wading – 2.5
- Hunting a flying fox or a squirrel – 3
- Hunting birds in general – 3.3
- Hunting wild pigs – 3.3
- Hunting large marine animals – 4
- Hunting a rabbit, squirrel, prairie chick, raccoon, or any small game – 5
- Hunting a deer, elk, or a large game (Taylor Code 170) – 6
- Hiking with hunting gear – 9.5
- Hunting a large game and dragging the carcass – 11.3
Does hunting help burn calories?
Hunting is a combination of physical movement and mental effort that you spend when aiming to hunt a game.
Since this is an outdoor activity, it can help you burn calories and lose weight.
The hunting activities range from low-impact to high-intensity.
So, the number of calories can vary based on the hunting activity as well as the intensity of the hunting session.
How many calories does an average person burn from hunting for an hour?
An average person can burn anywhere between 150 to 300 calories per hour from hunting.
Hunting tasks that require vigorous effort can help you lose as many as about 350 to 500 calories in an hour.
More Calorie Calculators:
- Hiking Calorie Calculator
- Calories Burned Sleeping Calculator
- Elliptical Calories Burned Calculator
- Calories Burned Running Calculator
- How Many Calories Should I Eat Each Day?
- Calories Burned Biking Calculator
- Calorie Deficit Calculator
- Jumping Rope Calories Burned Calculator
- Calories Absorbed By Fiber Calculator
- Recommended Calorie Breakdown Calculator
- Calories Burned Today Calculator
- Calories per Day Calculator
- Calorie Composition Calculator
Additional health benefits of hunting
Improves your balance
Hunting is a difficult sport that requires an excellent level of physical fitness.
It makes your muscles stronger and improves your balance.
Helps your body get exercise
Hunting is a great source of getting a full-body workout.
People who don’t like going to the gym can take up hunting as a hobby to get some exercise.
Helps you relax
When hunting in the wild, all the nature around you fills you up with positive emotions.
Hunting is one of the most effective ways to unwind from the stresses of everyday life.
Gives your body an adrenaline boost
If you have been feeling low on energy for a few days, you can go hunting to get back your rhythm.
This sport gives you an incredible adrenaline rush that stays with you for a long time.
Improves your focus and attention
Hunting demands an incredible amount of focus and attention from you.
It can help you focus better and enhance your attention to detail in an effective way.