Calories Burned Playing Video Games Calculator and Formula
Did you know that playing video games can help you burn calories and lose weight?
If you want to find the number of calories that you can burn from playing video games, then you are at the right place.
The calories burned from playing video games calculator will help you find the exact number of calories that you can burn from this activity.
About Calories Burned Playing Video Games Calculator
Health specialists all over the world agree that excessive gaming is bad for your health.
When you constantly play video games, it affects your physical and emotional health.
But that is just one side of the story when it comes to playing video games.
Healthy gaming can have a positive impact on your physical and mental health.
Although playing video games doesn’t involve a lot of physical movement, it can still help you burn calories.
Also, there are certain simulation games that involve a lot of physical movement. These games can help you burn even more calories.
The calories burned from playing video games calculator will help you find the exact number of calories that you can burn while playing video games.
This calculator is quite easy to use, and it makes it simple for everyone to find the number of calories burned from gaming.
How to use this calculator?
Here is how you can use our calculator to find the total number of calories burned from playing video games:
- Enter your weight in the calculator. You can enter the weight either in kgs or lbs in the calories burned from playing video games calculator.
- Choose the type of video game activity.
- Enter the time you have spent playing the video game.
- Click on the Calculate button to find the total calories burned from playing video games.
Formula for finding calories burned from playing video games
The calories burned from playing video games calculator uses the formula for finding calories burned per minute, to give you the results for the calories burned.
Here is the formula for finding the calories burned per minute:
Calories Burned Per Minute = (Weight(in kg) x MET x 3.5) / 200
Once you get the calories burned per minute, you need to multiply the answer of the above equation by the total number of calories you have burned per minute.
This will give you the total calories burned from playing video games.
The MET in the above formula is the measurement of the energy cost of a physical activity, for a specific amount of time.
Here are the MET values for different video game activities:
- Sitting and playing a video game – 1
- Actively playing a video game with light effort – 2.3
- Actively playing a video game with moderate effort – 3.8
- Playing games that involve physical activity in the multiplayer mode – 6
- Playing games that involve physical activity in the single player mode – 6.3
- Video games that involve physical activity such as Dance Dance Revolution – 7.2
Does playing video games help burn calories?
According to research, playing video games that involve some sort of physical activity can help you burn about 210 calories in one hour.
Even if you play the games that don’t involve a lot of physical movement, your body still burns calories to keep the automatic bodily functions such as the heartbeat, breathing, and the temperature regulation working at their maximum capacity.
How many calories does an average person burn per hour from playing video games?
On average, a person can burn between 75 to 100 calories from playing video games that don’t require a lot of physical movement.
You can burn more calories by playing a game that involves a lot of physical movement such as a simulation or a dance game.
More Calorie Calculators:
- Hiking Calorie Calculator
- Calories Burned Sleeping Calculator
- Elliptical Calories Burned Calculator
- Calories Burned Running Calculator
- How Many Calories Should I Eat Each Day?
- Calories Burned Biking Calculator
- Calorie Deficit Calculator
- Jumping Rope Calories Burned Calculator
- Calories Absorbed By Fiber Calculator
- Recommended Calorie Breakdown Calculator
- Calories Burned Today Calculator
- Calories per Day Calculator
- Calorie Composition Calculator
Health benefits of playing video games
Better Hand-Eye Coordination
Gaming can make you more agile in terms of movements, especially involving your hands.
Pressing the controls at the right time while watching on the screen constantly allows you to develop better coordination between your mind and body which helps other aspects of your life as well.
Reduced Stress and Better Mood
Gaming can help you fight anxiety, depression, and stress. All these mental illnesses can destroy your productivity and that can create even more stress.
Playing video games can help you get rid of this unnecessary stress and immerse yourself in some amazing and creative games.
Better Cognitive Functionality
Gaming makes you a more rational and practical human being.
There are so many games that require you to make split-second decisions and find your way out of tough spots using only your mental ability and hand-eye coordination.
This way gaming makes you a smarter individual.
People who play video games usually have a better memory due to this muscle being continuously used.
They have to remember so many rules to the game, specifications about a certain mode, character, etc.
All these things help them develop a better memory which serves them well in studies and work as well.
Better Motor Skills
Playing video games can help develop better motor skills especially in older people and toddlers who find it hard to navigate through different places.
Video games help you to use your hands, legs, and other body muscles in a controlled way which reduces the risks of injuries.